August House and its partners recognize the value of stories and especially the time spent sharing stories. Learning to tell and share stories is an important life skill invaluable to early literacy, a life long love of reading and learning, as well as the development of a greater sense of community — be it strengthening the family unit, the neighborhood, or the broader global community.
At August House, our partnerships are strategic and include:
- educational agencies
Our marketing partners are able to extend their brand, drive traffic and build sales as they "go with us", entering the fabric of daily life where stories are read, told, shared. The integrity of our content, and the delivery of that content through books, CDs, DVDS, radio, TV and the Internet, offer our partners a unique opportunity to be intentional and focused in their cause-based marketing in order to have a measurable impact on:
- literacy: that of the family, and especially the emerging and young reader
- the development of good character
- cross-cultural understanding
Partnerships might include:
- Sponsoring August House books, training, and teaching materials into at risk communities, early learning centers, classrooms, libraries, and after school programs
- Underwriting live events, storytelling performances, and TV/radio programming
- Creating opportunities for employees to support corporate education partnerships by joining August House to not only read, but learn to engage and share stories with young students.
- Sponsoring the web delivery of flash animation, activities, games, and teacher/family lessons and activity guides.
If you are a corporation, foundation or individual interested in our mission to strengthen community, literacy, and character; or,
If you are an early learning center, school or classroom, library, after school program, literacy program, or other community-based program interested in our work, and how we might work with you...
Please contact Steve Floyd, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-442-4425.